DOWNLOAD THE FULL LESSON HERE
Students create a Droid following the directions contained on the app.
Students will create a Droid with the littleBits Droid Inventor Kit by following instructions on the app.
Students will have a completed Droid for use in future lessons.
– INTRO: Introduce students to the littleBits Droid Inventor Kit, and if necessary, establish classroom norms for how to use littleBits.
– CREATE: Students follow the directions contained on the littleBits Droid Inventor app to create the Droid.
– PLAY: Students get to drive their Droid around.
– REMIX (optional): Students complete another mission contained in the littleBits Droid Inventor Kit app.
– SHARE: Students share out what they like and what they found challenging while creating the Droid.
TIPS & TRICKS
It is highly recommended that teachers go through the process of creating the Droid before doing it with students. The app has very clear directions but you will be able to help students much quicker if you have done it yourself rst.
One or two 50-minute periods – it takes most of a period to create the Droid. If your students are new to littleBits, this lesson will probably take two periods. If they are experienced, they will likely finish in one.
littleBits Droid Inventor App
– One smartphone per group (Android devices above OS version 4.4.2+ with bluetooth or iOS version 10.0 and up, iPhone 5 and up)